Blog / Cisco ME 6524 gives you a thorough set of protection feature
Monday, 19 March 2012 at 08:23
The Cisco ME 6500 Series Ethernet Switch can be a up coming-era, fastened-configuration switch constructed for room-optimized and power-constrained networks. Primarily based on ground-breaking and sector-primary Cisco Catalyst 6500 know-how, the Cisco ME 6500 Series value-correctly provides on the stringent performance, dependability, and QoS wants of up coming-era business WAN edge deployments within a house- and power-optimized 1.five-rack unit (1.5RU) deal. The Cisco ME 6500 Series extends the most advanced Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS), good quality of services (QoS), multicast, and IPv6 attributes into Ethernet entry and aggregation networks, enabling scalable and support-loaded Gigabit Ethernet entry for equally fiber and copper deployments.
The Cisco ME 6500 Series Ethernet Switch can be a large-operation, thoroughly featured, and resilient Ethernet switch, outfitted normal with the Policy Functionality Card 3C (PFC3C) and Multilayer Switch Function Card 2A (MSFC2A).
The Cisco ME 6524 Ethernet Switch will be the 1st available product of the Cisco ME 6500 Series.
• 24 Gigabit Ethernet Tiny Sort-Factor Pluggable (SFP) downlinks and eight Gigabit Ethernet SFP uplinks, with redundant electrical power supplies (product ID ME-C6524GS-8S.
Cisco ME 6524 with 24 Gigabit Ethernet SFP Downlinks
• 24 Ethernet ten/100/1000 downlinks and 8 Gigabit Ethernet SFP uplinks, with redundant electrical power supplies (product or service ID ME-C6524GT-8S
Cisco ME 6524 with 24 Ethernet ten/a hundred/1000 Downlinks
The Cisco ME 6524 Ethernet Switch is transported using the IP Base Computer software software picture. The image incorporates the Layer two aspect set, RIP, and EIGRP stub.
For improved company breadth and community flexibility, the Cisco ME 6524 Ethernet Switch gives the IP Providers license that provides IPv4 attribute set, as perfectly as the Sophisticated IP Expert services Program license that offers MPLS and IPv6 functionality.
The Cisco ME 6524 offers:
• Optimal Gigabit Ethernet density: With as considerably as 32 Gigabit Ethernet ports, all fiber-based mostly, the Cisco ME 6524 can aggregate many prospects who want Gigabit Ethernet connectivity. The uplink interfaces give adaptable connectivity alternatives by accommodating a wide assortment of SFP optics, like coarse wavelength-division multiplexing (CWDM) and dense wavelength-division multiplexing (DWDM) optics.
• Adaptable network deployment possibilities: The switch features exceptionally scalable Layer 2 products and services with functions for instance intelligent 802.1Q tunneling and Layer 2 Protocol Tunneling. The PFC3C daughter card enables in-hardware MPLS systems for MPLS VPNs, and Ethernet more than MPLS (EoMPLS). For services providing dealing with an soaring desire for IP deal with room, hardware-enabled IPv6 protocols provide a scalable and large-conducting stop-to-end IP service delivery.
• Optimal effectivity and scalability: The Cisco ME 6524 gives significant operation CPU for Layer two and Layer three protocols convergence and stability. The switch attributes scalable Layer two changing, IP routing and MPLS functionalities in hardware with no operation impact.
• Higher support availability: The Cisco ME 6524 allows make specified support and network uptime with its guidance of Cisco EtherChannel protocols, fast convergence protocols such as IEEE 802.1w/802.1s and Flexlink, and gateway load-balancing protocols. In an effort and hard work to reduce support outage due to a power present failure, the Cisco ME 6524 may well be configured with redundant DC, AC or a mixture of AC and DC strength materials which are area-replaceable and warm-swappable.
• Integrated protection: The Cisco ME 6524 provides a complete set of security capabilities to mitigate denial-of-company (DoS) attacks, to restrict the entry to the network, and to safeguard community means. Port-based mostly and VLAN-centered access manage lists (ACLs) limit the unwanted specific visitors relying on site visitors and people CPU charge limiters and control airplane policing (CoPP) limit the total of site visitors that enters the network Port Safety limitations the amount of MAC addresses which can be learned DHCP Snooping and dynamic ARP examination avoid threats from the DHCP server, default gateways, or tackle spoofing attacks. These built-in security functions are hardware-enabled so they're in a position to be enabled concurrently with out jeopardizing the process efficiency mainly because the internet site site visitors level boosts.