Code of Conduct
In order for everyone to be able to enjoy Netlog, you need to follow a few rules. The following acts are prohibited by law and, thus, subject to punishment:
- Racism, xenophobia, negationism, and discrimination (prison sentences). Racist remarks, propagating discrimination of sexual preferences, publishing racist pictures or insulting foreigners are forbidden on Netlog.
- Public offences, publishing sexually suggestive pictures, pedophilia, offering prostitution or escort services and implicit or explicit invitations for sexual activities.
Uploading pornographic, sexually suggestive or overtly erotic pictures/text is forbidden. Invitations for sexual activities in public or by private messages are also prohibited. Humorous or caricatural pictures can be an exception, as long as the humorous character is predominant.
- Slander, defamation, stalking, abusing someone's name or picture, abuse of confidence, etc. are prohibited by law and subject to punishment. Therefore, using abusive language, insults, abusing someone's name or picture, slander and defamation are forbidden on Netlog as well.
It is strictly forbidden to publish messages or pictures with damaging, threatening, misleading, defamatory, rancorous, aggressive, racist, vulgar, denigrating, indecent, insulting, violent, obscene or pornographic content.
It's also forbidden to use the site for purely political, religious or commercial purposes. References to political parties and the publishing of flags will be punished if it's clear that there are political or inflammatory purposes behind it. Discussions on political/religious points of view are allowed, if they don't degenerate.
- Violation of intellectual properties
On Netlog you can only publish content (pictures, text, music, films, etc.) for which you hold the necessary copyrights. You are solely responsible for obtaining these rights. Massive Media cannot be held liable if you do publish content for which you don't hold the rights. Massive Media will impose sanctions when notified of content that infringes upon the rights of third parties.
- Disturbing the public order on the Website means that spamming, recruiting votes, sending unsolicited commercials or chain letters, in private or public messages, unlawfully reloading pages, flooding or writing excessively long texts, etc. can be prosecuted. So don't behave in a way that is inappropriate or detrimental towards the others users of Massive Media.
- (Trying to) hack(ing) Netlog or the account of a Netlog member is prohibited and punishable. In this situation, we always inform the police, even when you're a minor. By committing such offences, you risk getting a prison sentence and/or monetary fine.
Except for abuses such as slander and defamation, which can only be prosecuted after a complaint by the victim, Massive Media can initiate action to end forbidden practices. Massive Media is lawfully obliged to report indictable offences to the appropriate law enforcement agency(ies).
Abuse can be reported here:Massive Media
E. Braunplein 18
Fax: +32 2 400 43 20
In most cases, you can use the automatic function to report abuse!
In all cases, Massive Media works in close collaboration with: