Blog / The best way to Fix a Corrupted iPod
Tuesday, 1 November 2011 at 21:05
Please maintain in thoughts that there is certainly no certain way to know if this may work since it could possibly be that you have a failed difficult drive.
- Restore Try - Initially, you must attempt to put the iPod into restore disc mode by 1st holding the Menu and Center buttons together until the Apple logo shows up and then switching towards the Play/Pause and Center buttons, till the iPod reads "OK to Disconnect."When this really is completed, try reformatting or restoring the iPod and see if this solves the problem. You may want to exit out of disc mode, so you may must reset the iPod by holding the Menu and Center buttons and waiting for the Apple logo to show up. If the prior attempts did not fix your iPod then you will need to continue to the subsequent step.
- Disc Management - Connect your iPod to the laptop or computer and do the following: Appropriate Click on "My Computer" > Select "Storage" > Choose "Disc Management" > Select the iPod. At this point you are going to see a message that reads "change drive letter..." and you are going to be capable of rename the tough drive on your iPod to a different letter. Once you finish undertaking this, you ought to disconnect your iPod from the computer and reconnect it again. This really should repair your iPod.
- Driver Re-Install - To reinstall the driver, plug your iPod back into the personal computer and follow these directions: "My Computer" > "Manage" > Device Manager > Click on "Universal Serial Bus Controller". Then click the plus sign and discover the one together with your device (it should say one thing like “USB Mass Storage Device. Right-click on this device and choose the "Uninstall" selection. Replug your device from the laptop or computer, wait about 5 seconds then plug it back in.
- Formatting and Restoring - 1 other factor that will be done to the iPod is restoring and reformatting the hard drive, because over employing the device causes damage towards the disc and can trigger several diverse errors.
To complete this sort of thing, you'll want to get an app referred to as HD USB. Appear for it on google and you will have no trouble finding it. Try to reformat the tough drive with the FAT 32 so that you ought to have no trouble restoring the device afterwards.
- If that doesn't function you'll be able to also contemplate using "Copy Trans Doctor" software program that assists iPods with recovery troubles.
If All the above techniques fail, probability of getting negative clusters is high.
How to Tell if the iPod Disk is Broken?
Should you succeed in carrying out the speedy format using the utility tool, and can now right click on Apple ipod in “my computer” and get the menu, proceed with this. Pick the iPod in “my computer” right click >Properties > Tools > check disk. Be sure you have the check box ” Attempt for the recovery of bad sectors” selected. This will indicate that your disk was checked for consistency. If it fails in any one of those with un-repairable message or freezes infinitely, then there is no resolution, you'd have to rush to apple to get the support.